[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [RFC] Refactor Clang: move frontend/driver/diagnostics code to LLVM

Andrzej Warzynski via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 2 09:04:42 PDT 2020

On 02/06/2020 14:43, Robinson, Paul wrote:

> Flang would obviously be the in-tree beneficiary; are there downstream
> projects that would like this change?  I don't mean speculatively, have
> you tried asking around (Julia and Rust pop to mind)?  Interested
> downstream consumers would provide a bit more motivation for such a
> widespread refactoring.

That's a good suggestion, thank you! I've just posted the following:

* Julia:
https://discourse.julialang.org/t/refactoring-clang-could-this-benefit-julia/40621)
* Rust:
https://internals.rust-lang.org/t/refactoring-clang-could-this-benefit-rust/12479
* Swift:
https://forums.swift.org/t/refactoring-clang-could-this-benefit-swift/37151

Hopefully somebody from those communities will comment here. If not, I
will summarise any discussion happening outside llvm-dev in a separate
message. Please let me know if you think that the above list is incomplete!

-Andrzej