[llvm-dev] MLIR Buildbot configuration

Johannes Doerfert via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 31 09:04:02 PDT 2020

Hi,

I broke the MLIR build yesterday and the two Flang bots told me about it
pretty much right away. Yay!
That is how I always thought the setup should work (modulo that we all
try not to break builds).
Today I got emails from an MLIR bot and I was a bit confused. I looked
at the configuration of the two
MLIR bots and it seems they test commits one by one, with the backlog
that you would expect.
I was wondering if my observation is correct and if this is the desired
behavior?
I don't necessarily think such a setup is bad but both MLIR bots run it
this way, which might catch
more problems but with a longer delay, unsure if it is worth it.

I figured I bring this up but I'm fine when people don't see the need
for change (or more bots).

~ Johannes