[llvm-dev] [Buildbots] - Looking for help with new 32 bit Windows buildbot

Christian Kühnel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 30 02:31:17 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

*tl;dr*
I'm having some trouble setting up a Windows buildbot and I'm looking for
someone with LLVM-on-Windows experience to help me.

*Long story*
Hans Wennborg recently pointed
<http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-May/141803.html>out
<http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-May/141803.html>, that we're
missing a 32 bit Windows buildbot and I wanted to jump in and set one up.
However running the LLVM builds on Windows proved to be much more
challenging than on Linux and I'm stumbling from one issue to the next for
the last weeks. I'm down to about 40 failing tests now with the "clean
stage" failing permanently.

>From my experience so far, there are 3 main problem areas:

   - building LLVM on Windows with Visual Studio
   - running a Windows buildbot
   - Running Windows in a cloud environment in a stable, reproducible and
   maintainable way

So I'm looking for someone to help me to debug and fix the buildbot
<http://lab.llvm.org:8014/builders/clang-x86-ninja-win10?numbuilds=200>and
get it into a stable state.

Links on the current state and the setup:

   - Builder
   <http://lab.llvm.org:8014/builders/clang-x86-ninja-win10?numbuilds=200> on
   staging with current list of failing tests
   - generic Visual Studio Docker image
   <https://github.com/llvm/llvm-zorg/tree/master/buildbot/google/docker/windows-base-vscode2019>
and
   the 32bit buildbot Docker image