[llvm-dev] Building a single .rst file

Nathan James via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 29 16:01:41 PDT 2020

On Wed, 2020-07-29 at 12:40 -0400, Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev
wrote:
> I hope you won't mind me continuing to pester you with build
> questions.
>
> I've managed to get the build going. One of the things CMake does is
> create a file a.exe that tries to figure out which version of the C
> compiler is available. Malwarebytes does not like that executable.
> Has anyone run into this problem?
>
> Meanwhile, I've told Malwarebytes not to worry about the build
> directory or its subdirectories.
>
> Ah, now I have more information from Microsoft Security Essentials,
> also concerning a.exe. The Trojan is called Win32/Fuery.C!cl
>
> ------------------------------
> Category: Trojan

> attacker.
>
> Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.
>
> Items:
> file:C:\LLVM\Build\CMakeFiles\3.18.0\CompilerIdC\a.exe
>
> Get more information about this item online.

Completely harmless, see here.
https://cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2018-June/067667.htmlhttps://cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2018-June/067672.html
Basically thats just antivirus being overly sensitive.
A lot of antivirus software on windows complain when they see any `.exe` file which is why I find them mostly pointless.