[llvm-dev] ORC JIT Weekly #18 -- TargetProcessControl updates for library loading / searching.

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 28 13:15:49 PDT 2020

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the update! Is there a conceptual difference between the old:
> DynamicLibrarySearchGenerator::GetForCurrentProcess(<SystemManglingPrefix>)

and the newly added TCP-based one (when applied to the own process):

> TPCDynamicLibrarySearchGenerator::GetForTargetProcess(SelfTargetProcessControl::Create())

There is no conceptual difference. The TargetProcessControl method needs
some road-testing, but should eventually be the preferred method.

DynamicLibrarySearchGenerator will remain available for quite a while for
the sake of clients who can't use TargetProcessControl, e.g. people using
RuntimeDyld with a custom memory manager.

Regards,
Lang.