[llvm-dev] How to suppress error reports from the external libraries in compiler-rt?

chuanqi.xcq via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 22 00:59:15 PDT 2020

Hi, every one.

When I change the compiler of a project from gcc to clang, I met a problem about `aligned_alloc`. `aligned_alloc` accepts two arguments, one for alignment and another for size.
The standard document says that the `size` must be integral multiple of `alignment`. But the gcc allows more relaxing restriction.

Now I met a external library which depend on this behavior, which would fail when the ASanityChecker checks it. And I can not modify the codes in that library to generate a new library.
So I want to suppres the asanity check for `aligned_alloc`. I know here is a document (https://clang.llvm.org/docs/AddressSanitizer.html#suppressing-reports-in-external-libraries).
However, it doesn't work when I try to write:
```
interceptor_via_fun:aligned_alloc
```
I also tried to write the function name who call `aligned_alooc`.  But it doesn't work, too.

I know I need to ask to something like compiler-rt dev mailing list. But I didn't find it. So I ask it here.

Thanks,
Chuanqi