[llvm-dev] [RFC] Pass return status

Serge Guelton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 15 01:33:29 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

some more information on this feature -  as a reminder I started one month
ago to work on an expensive check that would verify that pass return status
is correctly reported by passes, i.e. no pass return « IR not modified »
while actually modifying it.
It took ~20 pass fixes to achieve that goal, as many passes were not
respectful of that contract, but as
of 3667d87a33d3c8d4072a41fd84bb880c59347dc0,  https://reviews.llvm
.org/D80916 has been merged in master and the check is active, which should
prevent further regression on that topic.

Thanks a lot to @foad, @jdoerfert, @fhahn, @calixte (and others I'm sorry
to forgot) for their help during the reviews.