[llvm-dev] Multiple documents in one test file

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 14 06:12:24 PDT 2020

+1 for --defsym.  I'm sure I've written pairs of tests that could have been
done more simply this way.

Regarding maskray's original post, which is about valid/invalid .file
directives in the same .s file, --defsym and .ifdef work perfectly:

.ifdef CASE1
.file 1 "./case1.c"
.endif
.ifdef CASE2
.file 1 "./case2.c"
.endif
nop

llvm-mc --defsym=CASE1=1 will emit a .debug_line with "case1.c"
and --defsym=CASE2=1 will emit it with "case2.c".  So this would be
ideal for verifying the MD5 cases (good and bad) in one test file.
--paulr