[llvm-dev] [RFC] Compiled regression tests.

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 7 13:38:44 PDT 2020

SAME was picked to contrast with NEXT.  They behave identically, except
that SAME wants zero newlines between its match and the previous match,
and NEXT wants one newline in that interval.

I believe you can get the effect you want with a pair of DAG directives
followed by `CHECK: {{$}}`.  The latter will constrain the DAG search
to be between the previous match point and the next EOL.
--paulr