[llvm-dev] [RFC] Compiled regression tests.

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 7 09:09:44 PDT 2020

CHECK-SAME starts where the previous match ended.  It is not implicitly
a DAG on the same line.  Documentation patches welcome.

CHECK-SAME is subtly different from appending the match expression to
the previous directive, with a {{.*}} separator.[0]  But that's more or
less how it works.  Using CHECK-SAME is mostly to keep directive lines
from getting excessively long.
--paulr

[0] See my "FileCheck Follies" lightning talk from November 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rhW8knj0L8