[llvm-dev] [RFC] carry-less multiplication instruction

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 5 11:44:36 PDT 2020

Shawn,

Are you able to summarize the different instructions from the various
targets. It looks like there different implementation choices made for each
target. For example, X86 takes two v2i64 inputs and picks either an even or
odd element from each to multiply to produce a v1i128 result. It looks like
RISC-V has instructions to produce either the high half of the result or
the low half of the result. Those are the only two I checked.

Will a common intrinsic need custom handling for each target or is there a
common version that multiple targets use that we should choose for the
intrinsic?

~Craig