[llvm-dev] DWARF debug line error handling changes

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 30 16:31:55 PST 2020

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 2:28 AM Pavel Labath <pavel at labath.sk> wrote:

> On 28/01/2020 20:37, David Blaikie via llvm-dev wrote:
> > and one idea I had was to have the DWARFDataExtractor return a new
> > DWARFDataExtractor that was specifically bounded to the parsed length
> > for this reason.
>
> I think this would be great. In fact, I was getting ready to propose
> something like that myself. :)
>
> FWIW, lldb DataExtractors already support this kind of slicing.

Oh, great - I'm sort of inundated with code reviews and things these days -
so could I prevail upon you to implement that & pick up some of these line
table reviews to either coax the use of such an entity there, or port a few
places (at least all the DWARF32/64 length parsing duplicates - there's 3-4
copies of the code that does the 32/64 length dance and validates the
length of a header or similar in there)?

Tagged you in a few reviews (some committed already/approved - but places
that could benefit from cleanup with such a device)
https://reviews.llvm.org/D72155 https://reviews.llvm.org/D73618
https://reviews.llvm.org/D72900