[llvm-dev] RISC-V LLVM sync-up call 30th Jan 2020

Scott Egerton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 30 08:52:44 PST 2020

Hi all,

Following on from the call, here are the Bitmanip patches being mentioned:

Adding MC layer instruction encodings: https://reviews.llvm.org/D65649

Adding codegen pattern matching: https://reviews.llvm.org/D67348

Adding clang frontend support: https://reviews.llvm.org/D71553
This adds the __riscv_bitmanip macro and the 'b' target feature to
enable it.

We had looked at two different implementations of intrinsics:

Using inline asm in clang headers: https://reviews.llvm.org/D67661
or using LLVM intrinsics: https://reviews.llvm.org/D66479

Please take a look and let us know which implementation is preferable.
We will update the header patch to rely on the intrinsics if that is
preferred rather than inline asm.

And Simon's compress instructions based on function features patch:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D73339

Thanks,
Scott