[llvm-dev] HPVM (v0.5) Release

Sharif, Hashim via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 28 22:18:21 PST 2020

The Illinois LLVM group is excited to announce the open-source release of HPVM<http://hpvm.cs.illinois.edu> (version 0.5), a compiler infrastructure for heterogeneous parallel systems.
The release includes the implementation of the IR as well as backends for CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs (using OpenCL). It also comes with an install script that automates the process of installing LLVM and patches it with HPVM. In addition, a handful of benchmarks as well as unit tests and regression tests are provided with the release.

HPVM can be downloaded from our public GitLab repository<https://gitlab.engr.illinois.edu/llvm/hpvm-release>. It requires an installation of LLVM-9, which can be downloaded and installed using our provided install script. All the necessary instructions on how to install and use HPVM are provided in README files at appropriate places in the repository. HPVM is provided under the Illinois/NCSA Open Source License. Any questions or suggestions can be directed to hpvm-dev at lists.cs.illinois.edu.
The following people have contributed to making this release possible:

  *   Vikram Adve (vadve at illinois.edu)
  *   Sarita Adve (sadve at illinois.edu)
  *   Adel Ejjeh (aejjeh at illinois.edu)
  *   Kapil Kanwar (kkanwar2 at illinois.edu)