[llvm-dev] appropriate substitution for nvvm_atomic_load_add_f32?

Nicolai Hähnle via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 28 04:48:13 PST 2020

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 3:28 PM david via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I notice nvvm_atomic_load_add_f32 was removed. Is there a well known substitution for atomic_load_add?

I don't know the specifics of this intrinsic and backend, but the
native IR atomicrmw instruction has grown fadd/fsub operation support,
so that seems like it ought to be the canonical replacement.

Cheers,
Nicolai

Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.