[llvm-dev] Floating point semantic modes

Kaylor, Andrew via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 27 16:46:47 PST 2020

> I don't know if LLVM supports it, but RISC-V as well as a few other architectures also support to-nearest-ties-to-max-magnitude.

Yeah, that’s come up a few times in reviews. We should start factoring it into our plans, but from a clang point of view, I’m not sure how you’d get into that mode.

We don’t have it in the list of possible rounding modes for the constrained intrinsics either. We should fix that.

-Andy

rounding_mode { dynamic, tonearest, downward, upward, towardzero }
I don't know if LLVM supports it, but RISC-V as well as a few other architectures also support to-nearest-ties-to-max-magnitude.

Jacob Lifshay