[llvm-dev] [Resend] Re: Module::createRNG() and new PassManager

Dominic Chen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 24 16:29:10 PST 2020

I only came across this today; I was looking for some built-in
functionality in order to generate random numbers in an IR pass. I
believe the desired goal is to seed with the pass name so that the
behavior is deterministic under the same pass and module ID. I have
uploaded a patch to phabricator, D73390.
Dominic