[llvm-dev] Git autocrlf for Windows - why does the Getting Started guide say to use false?

Greg Bedwell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 16 09:26:39 PST 2020

The previous discussion about it was here:  https://reviews.llvm.org/D48494

Personally I'd rather see if we could solve it with some clever use of
.gitattributes rather than make it a user-setting but sadly I don't have
time right now to commit to trying out a solution.
I notice that there is one case already of using .gitattributes to make
sure autocrlf doesn't change line endings, FWIW:
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/master/llvm/.gitattributes#L19