[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Phabricator -> GitHub PRs?

Joerg Sonnenberger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 15 13:18:22 PST 2020

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 07:32:59PM +0000, Doerfert, Johannes wrote:
> On 01/15, David Greene via llvm-dev wrote:
> > I for one cannot get arcanist to work because of its reliance on PHP
> > which for whatever reason refuses to install on my machine.  It it's
> > hard for me to do a simple install of a tool for code review, I can't
> > imagine the frustration of new people trying to get everything working.
>
> Mozilla developed phab tools w/o PHP. I'll actually going to give them a
> try soon. (Came up in this thread somewhere).

I fully agree that installing PHP shouldn't really be a requirement.
Mercurial for example has the phabricator extension as standalone
Python code. It essentially provides two commands, phabsend and
phabread, to get changes from/to the Phabricitor server. It doesn't
cover the "discussion" part of a review, but that looks reasonable on
the web UI to me. I don't know what the status of git tooling is here. I
think git-phab still requires arcanist to be installed.

Joerg