[llvm-dev] [tablegen] table readability / performance

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 15 10:58:20 PST 2020

Does the same limitation exist in VS 2017? I think that's our support floor
these days:
https://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#host-c-toolchain-both-compiler-and-standard-library

One *could* make the tablegen behavior conditional on the compiler, and
generate the character arrays for VS, and strings for other compilers. It
has the potential to create MSVC only issues, but it seems harmless
enough...