[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Phabricator -> GitHub PRs?

Doerfert, Johannes via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 15 10:23:38 PST 2020

On 01/15, Renato Golin wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 at 17:47, Doerfert, Johannes <jdoerfert at anl.gov> wrote:
> > I'd say that helping people to improve their environment is better than
> > forcing others to worsen theirs.
>
> Note the difference: One side is trying to *help improve", while the
> other is *forcing to worsen*.

That is not what I am saying, or at least you seem to interpret it
differently than I indented it to be read. In the part you cropped I
mention that *both sides* provide *helpful advice* to improve the setup
of people. I argue the problems need to be clarified for that. *Forcing
to worsen* happens when we say we *move* but also when we *do not move*.
Emails that just say we should move or not are therefore problematic.

Cheers,
  Johannes