[llvm-dev] MIssing llvm-commits messages

Aaron Ballman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 14 12:57:12 PST 2020

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 1:02 PM Tom Stellard via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 12/09/2019 01:07 PM, Don Hinton via llvm-dev wrote:
> > Has anyone noticed missing llvm-commits messages?  Not all commits seem to generate emails to llvm-commits.
> >
> > For example, I can’t find an email for this commit:  https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/4a6e13ad88ddcc0ab92ace49d4c761921e7f7070
> >

> It looks like this commit was part of a push that contained 2 commits.
> Our mailer script was supposed to be able to handle this case, but
> it's possible there is a bug.
>
> When we were setting up the email, we did notice 1 missed email
> due to the webhook not being initiated from the GitHub side, but
> this is not the case here.

Here is another commit that looks like it never made it to the list:
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/commit/5ee616a710bcb52cf9f1f7951644d098d38e7b6a#diff-b6b80c09b0caab74eede5945b15f16edR34

It also has unicode characters in the commit log.

~Aaron