[llvm-dev] Phabricator -> GitHub PRs?

Bill Wendling via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 7 17:15:56 PST 2020

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 4:59 PM Doerfert, Johannes <jdoerfert at anl.gov> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> On 01/07, Bill Wendling via llvm-dev wrote:
> > Then perhaps those opposed could suggest how to use Phabricator/Arcanist
> so
> > that I don't throw my keyboard through my monitor?
>
> Please explain your problems, w/o the hyperbole, so people can actually do
> that.
>
> It's not hyperbole, but fine. How do you use it to keep multiple, related
changes in order? The interface for reviewing and responding to reviews is
horrific, e.g. quoting text from a review is rather bad, the email it sends
is badly formatted and hard to read.. How do you make it reasonably useful?
Why can't I *easily* relate changes to each other? Why can't I submit
through the Phabricator interface, but have to go to the command line,
place the change in a new branch, pull to top-of-tree, rebase, and only
then push while hoping it doesn't give fail because the tree became out of
date? How can I do a rebase through Phabricator?

These are only off the top of my head. There are far more problems I've had
with them.

-bw