[llvm-dev] LLVM 9.0.0 ORC JIT on windows, Duplicate definition of symbol '__real@

Kevin Tew via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 7 03:42:50 PST 2020

I've been using ORC jit based off the Kaleidoscope tutorials successfully
on Linux and OS X.  However when I tried to move to windows I'm having
troubles.

Following the advice here,
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-January/128812.html, I added:
ObjectLayer.setAutoClaimResponsibilityForObjectSymbols( true );
ObjectLayer.setOverrideObjectFlagsWithResponsibilityFlags( true );

I'm JITTing multiple functions in a loop.
I create the Module and lookup the first function just fine using the
following code from the tutorial.

llvm::cantFail( jit->addModule(std::move(mModule)));
auto ExprSymbol = jit->lookup( func_name.c_str( ));

When I go to lookup the second function I'm jitting, I get the
following error:
JIT session error: Duplicate definition of symbol '__real at 3ff0000000000000'

Any pointers or help would be appreciated,

Kevin