[llvm-dev] Flang landing in the monorepo - next Monday!

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 7 14:23:15 PST 2020

Hey Peter - would you be able to link to/describe the history on this
process/decision. I can find one old thread where this was first proposed (
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-February/130497.html ) with
some general positive responses and a lot of questions.

I see there's a flang-dev list, though I'm not sure where code review is
happening (is there flang-commits or equivalent?) as there's not much
chatter on the mailing list that I can see.

& I'm a bit concerned about flang, already a project with no LLVM API
usage, it seems, and a community that doesn't currently look like it has
much overlap with the LLVM developer community (a very rough glance at
flang-dev participants, but I could be wrong - the LLVM community is large,
to be sure) - I'm concerned that this might create a not very well
integrated community, as we saw in the past with lldb, for instance.

- Dave