[llvm-dev] Legalizing vector types

Sebastien Le Duc via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 3 08:02:08 PST 2020

Hi all,
I am working on a target that has support for v4i16 vectors, and no
support for v4i8 / v8i8 / v8i16

V4i8 is promoted to v4i16 which is nice
V8i16 is split to 2 x v4i16 which is nice as well

Now v8i8 is scalarized, which is not so nice.
Ideally I would like v8i8 to be first promoted to v8i16 then split to
2xv4i16 (or split to 2xV4i8 then promoted to 2xv4i16)

Is there a way to achieve that? I tried to figure out how to do it, but
the only way I found is to make v8i16 legal, and handle the splitting to
2xv4i16 as patterns, which looks to me to be a lot of useless work

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sebastien

Sébastien Le Duc
CoreSW Team Manager
kalray_logo <http://www.kalray.eu/> 	 Kalray S.A.

	www.kalray.eu

Phone :  06 84 43 07 00
sleduc at kalray.eu	 Follow us twitter_logo
<https://twitter.com/Kalrayinc>  linkedin_logo
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/kalray> 	 180 Avenue de l'Europe
38330 Montbonnot FRANCE
 <http://www.kalray.eu/news-7/news/latest>
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
and is the property of the Kalray S.A. It is intended only for the person
to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
not authorized to print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use
this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
message.