[llvm-dev] RFC: Refactor SubclassData

Ehud Katz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 1 23:54:11 PST 2020

The solution can support most (if not all) of the features you have
mentioned. It can always be improved if needed, but for now, it is a great,
neat, solution for the classes in the LLVM IR library.

Just for an example: using the new implementation, I have managed to move
the SSID field into the Subclass Data of the Instructions, and in turn
reduce the size of those instructions by 8 bytes.

I have opened a new review for the RFC:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D72068

Please review it.
Thanks,