[llvm-dev] AMDGPU mimics JIT?

Dmitry Mikushin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 25 09:30:45 PST 2020

The closest more or less existing design to your definition is PGI OpenACC.
Radeon target no longer exists in it for obvious reasons. But as long as it
deploys an LLVM-based GPU pipeline, you might have non-zero luck to
intercept LLVM IR before lowering to PTX and redirect it to AMDGPU. This of
course shall involve writing quite a bit of glueing code to translate nvvm
intrinsics to red equivalents. As a result, you will get OpenACC support,
which might not that generic thing as you want. But if I were you, I'd take
this approach as the one potentially most successful in reasonable time.

Kind regards,
- Dmitry.

вт, 25 февр. 2020 г. в 18:17, Frank Winter via llvm-dev <