[llvm-dev] Moving the AVR backend out of experimental

Dylan McKay via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 24 21:27:03 PST 2020

> Would that be fixed with this patch? It makes llvm-objdump work for me and
> allows debugging with avr-gdb.
>
> Can you perhaps point me to the tests that are failing?

I re-ran the test suite with '-DLLVM_TARGET_ARCH=avr-unknown-unknown' and
now the only errors I get are JIT errors related to no JIT compiler enabled
for my host machine, x86. It seems the few failing generic CodeGen tests
have since been fixed, along with the ~80 or so DebugInfo tests no doubt
fixed by one of Ayke's recent changes.

I've also opened up a patch to make AVR an official backend:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D75099. All comments welcome.

Let's move the discussion there.

- Dylan