[llvm-dev] Skipping a function/line in the debug information?

Adrian Prantl via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 24 13:29:14 PST 2020

The first two options that come to mind are:

1. don't generate debug info for these functions
Many debuggers will avoid stepping into functions without debug info.

2. mark the function as as DW_AT_artifical to communicate to your debugger to skip it. I don't know if LLDB does this automatically, but you could easily make that the behavior for your language. For details it's best to ask on lldb-dev.

-- adrian