[llvm-dev] Skipping a function/line in the debug information?

Levo DeLellis via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 24 12:54:08 PST 2020

I'm not sure where to look or if it's possible, if someone could point me
in the right direction that would be great

There's a few internal functions in my language like WriteLine. When I use
lldb to 'thread step-in' (or vscode) the debugger will enter the function.
Is it possible to let lldb know it should skip the function? I tried using
clang to find some clues but puts and other function all allow me to step
in and gets a missing source error.
Is there any llvm-ir code I can look at to show me how to skip a function?
Or a language that generates the appropriate ir?