[llvm-dev] [RFC] Allowing debug intrinsics to reference multiple SSA Values

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 24 10:35:59 PST 2020

This ambiguity could also be resolved without the "push everything"
approach, though, right?

If the format supported zero operands - then the expression would be
evaluated with an empty stack (rather than the implicit first element stack
- since there's no element). It'd make the "treat an operand list of length
1 specially, by pushing it onto the stack before evaluating the DWARF
expression" look even more special/less tidy, but not totally outside the
realm of possibility.

(I don't have super strong feelings here - I like consistency, so I like
the idea of pushing all the operands or using an extension op to access
them all - but I can see the value in special casing the 1 operand case to
maintain the behavior/syntax it has today)