[llvm-dev] Change default config of clang on Windows

Максим Власов via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 23 12:37:17 PST 2020

I'm getting trouble using clang with compiled libc++ on MSVC.
1. why clang chooses `link` over `lld-link` by default? I don't really wish
to write `-fuse-ld=lld-link` every single time I build something.
2. why `lld-link` doesn't search inside default `lib` directory? I need to
manually show him where it is although I put that binary in `<LLVM
root>\lib\`
3. why clang invokes linker with `-defaultlib:libcmt`? I mean libc++ build
guide under MSVC produces -MD version of either `libc++.lib` or `c++.lib`
4. Since (3), it's not possible to build anything without splitting
compiler and linker calls - `clang` by default produces -MT versions of
objects and linker fails to compose it with -MD library. No, `-dynamic`
flag does not help either.
Any fixes to these? Can I config clang somehow except `--config` option?