[llvm-dev] Code of Conduct Next Steps - Community feedback needed

Evandro Menezes via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 18 08:26:42 PST 2020

Hi, Tanya.

At this stage, I'm concerned that some time periods are not yet defined (e.g., "X amount of time").

Also, I'm afraid that the process focuses too much on the reporter and the reportee, possibly bowling down to one's word against the other's.  I'd be more assured if witnesses were encouraged when the situation allows for it.

Additionally, methinks that the process should proceed protecting the privacy of the parties until the final decision, including any appeal.

One thing that I wish were part of and a goal of the process would be to promote reconciliation between the parties, in addition to or in lieu of punitive measures, as long as both parties agree.

I have questions on the make up of the CoC as well, besides what Renato pointed out, but also about the rotation of its members, election and term duration.  Is this spelled out elsewhere?

Thank you,

__
Evandro Menezes ◊ SiFive ◊ Austin, TX