[llvm-dev] [GlobalISel] Prioritizing long patterns in combiner over short ones

Dominik Montada via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 15 07:09:29 PST 2020

Hi,

I'm currently writing target specific combiners with GlobalISel. I have
a case where a sub-node of a larger pattern also matches another,
smaller combiner pattern. Because the combiner runs top-down, the
smaller pattern is matched before the larger pattern has a chance to be
matched. Do I have to teach my larger pattern to handle this case or is
there a better way to do this?

More importantly, are there any plans to improve this behavior?

Cheers,

Dominik

Dominik Montada                   Email: dominik.montada at hightec-rt.com
HighTec EDV-Systeme GmbH          Phone: +49 681 92613 19
Europaallee 19                    Fax:   +49-681-92613-26
D-66113 Saarbrücken               WWW: http://www.hightec-rt.com

Managing Director: Vera Strothmann
Register Court: Saarbrücken, HRB 10445, VAT ID: DE 138344222

you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately
and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or
---