[llvm-dev] LLVMBuild is gone (which is a good thing)

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 3 11:33:00 PST 2020

Thank Serge (added to CC)  who did all the work: https://reviews.llvm.org/D90848

> However, the error messages I got from the new build were confusing to say the least. Would it be possible for CMake to check for the mere existence of an LLVMBuild.txt in the backend directories and fail with an error to upgrade to the new build system?

To clarify: You have a downstream backend that does not work anymore
because the dependencies now have to be encoded in the
add_llvm_component_library call the LLVMBuild.txt is ignored?

You could upload a patch to Phabricator. However, since your backend
has now updated, this doesn't seem useful to you anymore (, but maybe
for others)

Michael