[llvm-dev] HTTP library in LLVM

Petr Hosek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 31 16:21:39 PDT 2020

We're considering implementing [debuginfod](
https://sourceware.org/elfutils/Debuginfod.html) library in LLVM.
Initially, we'd like to start with the client implementation, which would
enable debuginfod support in tools like llvm-symbolizer, but later we'd
also like to provide LLVM-based debuginfod server implementation.

debuginfod uses HTTP and so we need an HTTP library, ideally one that
supports both client and server.

The question is, would it be acceptable to use an existing C++ HTTP library
or would it be preferred to implement an HTTP library in LLVM from scratch?