[llvm-dev] Problem matching i24 loads when a byte is 16 bits

Dominik Montada via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 25 00:09:34 PDT 2020

Hi Hjort,

I'm not sure whether your use-case is supported (yet) in TableGen with
GlobalISel, so one workaround would be to implement the instruction
selection for G_LOAD in your <Target>InstructionSelector.cpp::select
method. You could take a look at the AArch64 or AMDGPU
InstructionSelector.cpp if you need some more complex examples on how to
do that.

AFAIU the GlobalISel TableGen backend isn't as mighty yet so a lot of
the more niche-cases need to be implemented manually at the moment.

I'm sure the GlobalISel maintainers can give you a more detailed answer
and maybe even a solution for your use-case. For the meantime though I
hope that this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Dominik

Dominik Montada                   Email: dominik.montada at hightec-rt.com
HighTec EDV-Systeme GmbH          Phone: +49 681 92613 19
Europaallee 19                    Fax:   +49-681-92613-26
D-66113 Saarbrücken               WWW: http://www.hightec-rt.com

Managing Director: Vera Strothmann
Register Court: Saarbrücken, HRB 10445, VAT ID: DE 138344222

you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately
and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or
---