[llvm-dev] ORC JIT - Incorrect support for COFF files?

Gaier, Bjoern via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 24 23:07:05 PDT 2020

Hey Lang,

That is really cool :D Is the creation of that table a Windows thingy or is this the way the LLVM handles it?

Also… since it is COFF related – the never ending story of “finding my global constructors” first of all: Yes! I tried using the “initialize” function of LLVMJIT – however this only worked when I was loading a Module. When I added the object file (from the same source) the constructors were not called at all. What also really bothers me, when I load the object from disk and iterate over the symbols I will find: “_GLOBAL__sub_I_TestModule.cpp” but when I do a lookup on it, the symbol will not be found…
It's like being sooo close to the constructor but den someone takes it away from me :< Plus object files seem to be not passed to the TransformationFunction so no luck there either. I solved this issue with Modules by either using the mentioned function or by changing the visibility of the symbol – it seems like both is not possible with an object file .w.

Kind greetings
Björn