[llvm-dev] Doxygen for TableGen files

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 24 09:58:15 PDT 2020

Nicolai Hähnle via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> Though perhaps a first question to ask is to what extent people use
> Doxygen on the C++ part of LLVM today :)

I personally only use it on very rare occasion, mostly because it's kind
of unwieldy (difficult to navigate, search, etc.).  I have hopes that
maybe clang-doc will get to a better place but of course that wouldn't
work on .td files.

I'm much more likely to just look through comments in code because I'm
already in my editor and it's easy to pull up a file I need.  Before
working on a new documentation tool for .td files I'd prefer we just
comment them better.

                    -David