[llvm-dev] clang performing worse than gcc for this loop

Min-Yih Hsu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Aug 23 19:46:54 PDT 2020

Hi,

While machine assembly might be a way to diagnose problems, another way would be leveraging the Optimization Remark framework following the instructions here: https://llvm.org/docs/Remarks.html <https://llvm.org/docs/Remarks.html>

Basically it will print out a bunch of message regarding whether an optimization missed certain expectations. And telling you which part of the code it happened as well.

Best,
Min