[llvm-dev] Clang is a resource hog, the installers for Windows miss quite some files, and are defect!

Joerg Sonnenberger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Aug 23 09:36:40 PDT 2020

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 08:45:33PM +0200, Stefan Kanthak via llvm-dev wrote:
> Ever heard of hardlinks?

Ever heard of voluntary projects? The Windows installer is provided
best-effort by some people to reduce the barrier of entrace for Windows
users. It is certainly not paid work. Your patronizing tone is not going
to make anyone work on improving things. You don't provide any fixes
either. At best, your mails are going to get ignored by those interested
in the installer, if don't just come to taking the conclusion that the
effort is not appreciated and going to remove them in first place.

I would really suggest you to take a class on how to provide positive
feedback. Otherwise, I would kindly request that you just leave behind
this community and don't come back. The interactions with your mails
have so far been far more harmful than any value they provided.

Please don't bother with a reply.

Not amused,
Joerg