[llvm-dev] Doxygen for TableGen files

Nicolai Hähnle via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 21 14:41:32 PDT 2020

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 1:09 AM Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Would it be helpful to be able to use Doxygen on TableGen .td files?

Maybe?

I've been thinking in the past that it would perhaps be nice to
document intrinsics in the .td files. Certainly for target-specific
intrinsics this is the case. If we could move descriptions of
intrinsics from LangRef.rst to Doxygen generated from .td files, that
would be slightly nicer than what we have today.

Though perhaps a first question to ask is to what extent people use
Doxygen on the C++ part of LLVM today :)

Cheers,
Nicolai

Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.