[llvm-dev] [compiler-rt] HP FP support

Luke Drummond via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 20 09:53:01 PDT 2020

Hi Evandro

On Tue Aug 11, 2020 at 9: 02 PM PST, Evandro Menezes via llvm-dev wrote:

> Is there any reason why the HP FP conversion and comparison builtins are
> not defined?
As far as I can tell, this hasn't been a requirement for many targets,
but is becoming more of a requirement recently. clang itself doesn't
support _Float16 or __fp16 for all targets, so even if compiler-rt
support is available, the predominant llvm frontend does yet produce
them for most targets.

I recently floated [a patch](https://reviews.llvm.org/D84877) to add
support for the `__extendhfdf2` (promote half to double) builtin. Your
feedback would be welcome.

The infrastructure is mostly there already, so I'd encourage you to add
more features as needed.

All the Best

Luke

--
Codeplay Software Ltd.
Company registered in England and Wales, number: 04567874