[llvm-dev] Get all symbols stored(?)in llvm::orc::ExecutionSession

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 18 09:04:39 PDT 2020

Hi Bjoern,

I’m a bit worried about taking symbols from modules, because some of the
> symbols might change later when the code was compiled with the JIT

Symbol names shouldn't change from the moment they're added to the JIT
(i.e. after being fully mangled). Consistency of symbol names is a
requirement for ORC to work.

You could try hooking into the orc::Platform API for this:
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/ec29538af2e0886a65f479d6a533956a1c478132/llvm/include/llvm/ExecutionEngine/Orc/Core.h#L1062

The notifyAdding method will be called for each MaterializationUnit added
to the JIT, which gives you an opportunity to iterate over the symbols that
it provides and record them.

Regards,
Lang.