[llvm-dev] Identify pass in the compilation pipeline

Arnamoy Bhattacharyya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 17 11:56:59 PDT 2020

Hello All;

My goal is to do a specific peephole to the IR using the InstrCombine pass.  But I want to run the peephole at a particular point (at a late stage) of the compilation pipeline.  The InstCombine is run multiple times in the compilation pipeline.  Is there a way to identify where I am in the compilation pipeline from within the InstrCombine pass?  I guess one option will be to look for specific code patterns that can only happen at a late compilation stage, but is there a simpler way?

Thanks a lot for your help.