[llvm-dev] debug symbol may lost in llvm-10

zy j via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Aug 15 06:40:09 PDT 2020

Hi,

I compiled my toy program with following command: `clang -c
-fno-discard-value-names -g -O0 -emit-llvm my_test.c -o my_test.bc`,
however, some debug symbols will lost after this compiling. I have attached
my showcase in this email.

For example, the debug symbol of line 7 in my_test.c will lost after
compiling, user can't get the variable name, which should be `buf` in fact.

I tried to parse the llvm IR by using SVF(https://github.com/SVF-tools/SVF)
and noticed this problem, and I have asked the developer of SVF, who
suggest me to ask the llvm developer(
https://github.com/SVF-tools/SVF/issues/297)

waiting for your reply :)

Best regards,