[llvm-dev] My first real submission with Phabricator

Madhur Amilkanthwar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Aug 8 10:53:38 PDT 2020

Hi Paul,
I hope you have gone through
https://llvm.org/docs/Contributing.html#how-to-submit-a-patch.

Generally, I would do 'git add' on the new file. 'git diff' should show me
the newly added file. Further, I'd just do 'arc diff' and this should
eventually generate a phabricator revision for you. There is UI way to
create patches but I personally prefer 'arc' tool for reviews.

I hope this helps.

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 11:07 PM Paul C. Anagnostopoulos via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I am ready to submit my first real submission for review with Phabricator.
> Please forgive my meager knowledge of Git. I did a 'git diff' to generate
> the diff file. The contents look good. However, there is one new file, a
> TableGen test file. How do I get that file included in the diff, or
> otherwise included in the submission?

*Disclaimer: Views, concerns, thoughts, questions, ideas expressed in this
mail are of my own and my employer has no take in it. *
Thank You.
Madhur D. Amilkanthwar