[llvm-dev] How to make a subdirectory in a lit test?

Adrian McCarthy via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 6 16:20:58 PDT 2020

Yeah, the llvm-ar tests are working on Windows.  But I'm getting different
results when I try to use the same commands in an LLDB lit test.  Maybe
there's something messed up in LLDB's local lit config?

If I have `mkdir %t/subdir` in my lit test, I get either file-not-found or
a complaint about "unrecognized option /subdir."

The one-and-only mkdir on my PATH is "C:\Program
Files\Git\usr\bin\mkdir.exe".  If I run that explicitly, bypassing the one
build into the Windows CMD prompt, I can use `--help`, `--parents`, and
`--version` (among others).  But if I issue those commands from the lit
test, I get reports of "unsupported option: `--parents`" and subdirectories
named `--help` and `--version`.  That tells me lit isn't running the same
command, though the "unsupported option" is not an error message I'd expect
from CMD's mkdir.

The GnuWin tools have been removed from my machine for a while now.
`which` and `where` report only the Git version.

'Tis a puzzle.