[llvm-dev] Modifying SanitizerCoverage CFG coloring

Stefan Nagy via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 6 14:18:50 PDT 2020

Hello all,

I have questions about some modifications I want to make to
SanitizerCoverage for a personal project. My end goal is to apply a more
"sparse" CFG-aware instrumentation policy -- basically leveraging Tikir's
dominator tree-based algorithm -- but I'm sure how to go about implementing
it. I've noticed that existing implementations (e.g., INSTRIM) don't appear
to be compatible with SanitizerCoverage, presumably due to overriding
SanCov's own CFG coloring policy.

My understanding is that I'll need to implement my own copy of
SanitizerCoverage.cpp containing my CFG coloring modifications. Based on
this older version (
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/lib/Transforms/Instrumentation/SanitizerCoverage.cpp#L567)
I'm guessing `ModuleSanitizerCoverage::instrumentFunction` is probably
where I'd want to add my changes?

Thanks in advance for any advice / clarification.

Best,
-Stefan
--
Stefan Nagy